cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have created a url iview.but when i try to preview that its page cannot be displayed.we have not selected any system while creating. is there any other settings that we need to change.i cant find this information in any doc clearly.which method should i use?get or post?do i have to create a new system for this url i view?

regards

kukku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kukku,

Are you creating the URL iView for the connection of some backend system?? Or is that just a simple website URL?

If that is a website URL then you need not create any system, else if you are connecting to a R/3 system then you have to create a system.

You can use POST methos. It will not make any difference. Here also GET and POST methos follows the same basic rule of GET/POST method.

You need not give any futher details for URL iView. I hope this helps you.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if helpful.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kukku,

The Portal displays your iView by creating an IFrame or a new browser window on your desktop and points it to the URL, so it requires that your PC has access to the content, in this case via the internet, each time you try and view or preview the iView.

This is the same for most of the content in the Portal, your browser must have direct access to the content, the Portal server doesn't act as a proxy or store the content (in this case) itself, it merely points your browser to the right place on the actualy server providing the content.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when i click on preview i am getting one url. at that time do i have to disconnect vpn and go ahead? how can i connect if i am disconnected?because its still showing the pcd location in that url.

regards

kukku

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kukku,

You cannot connect if you are not connected to net. Try and understand the concept behind this, whenever you click preview, it try to connect to the internet and retrieve the content of the URL you have mentioned while creating the URL iView.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please reward points on SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanks a lot for ur replies.

i am creating url iview related to a system.since its not working i tried creating a simple url iview(google.com).have selected post and server side.giving eroor as 'the message status was 500,No content is available for display'.vpn should be connected all the time rt?

regards

kukku

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kukku,

You have done it correctly. This is all you have to do. Now when you will be previewing this iView this will connect to internet and display the site google.com in that iView.

Yes you need to be connected to internet when you are using some website URL, since it connects to the internet.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kukku,

For URL iview there is no need to create a system..

u just mention the url name in the iview and save..there

is no need to use get/post methods..

hope it helps..,

regards,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

kukko,

there is no need for a system definition for a url iview. can you browse the site through a web browser ok from the same pc? whats the url? get or post wont make any difference to the url working or not.

cheers,

steve