cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - RFC connection Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Iam calling and RFC in R/3 from CRM WDA application. The RFC destination used is names as DEV_200. The RFC is used to call a letter from R/3 system.

When click the button to generate the letter logged in with my Userid iam able to see the letter, but other are not able to generate the letter.

I debugged the method handler, when i set the break-point at the RFC call i was able to get into the debugging mode the RFC in R/3 i.e i was able to pass thru RFC into R/3 system. But iam not able to pass thru the RFC when debugging using other userids, the control jumps after the RFC call showing SY-SUBRC value 6.

Every user has the same profile as mine. And all users have the RFC connection authorization. And iam still not able to figure out why only iam able to pass thru the RFC and not other.

Suggestions immensely appreciated.

Thanks,

Suri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

May it be that the RFC destination uses your userid/password to call the R/3 system?

Other point: Activate an authority trace in the R/3 system using transaction ST01, then try it with your uid and then with another one.

What deo you se in the trace?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

The RFC destination is a trusted connection it does not have anybodies userid or password.

I tried doing the Trace did not work. because the control is not going to R/3 at all. any other suggestions? appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suri!

That sound courious.

Okay, explain it to me as if I would be 4 years old:

You have a user "007" in CRM AND R/3 having several authorizations in both systems and with this user everything is fine.

Then you use a user "AREA51" who also exists in CRM AND R/3 (does he really exist in R/3?) having exactly the same authorizations as user "007" in both(!) systems and with that user it does not work.

And user "AREA51" is not locked in R/3 system.

Correct so far? Have you checked this?

If so you are obviously on the clou of a real miracle ...

You said the authorization trace does not show anything, because other users do not come far enough. That means other users cannot login to R/3. Please be so kind and make a stupid test. Create an RFC destination from CRM to R/3 and define user AREA51 hard-coded with userid/password in that RFC destination. Is a connection test with authority check successful (not just a connection test)?

Or: Leave User/password blank and press "remote login" and then try the credentials of user AREA51. Does this work?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Believe me or not. i have tested everything you have mentioned even before posting this message. Both the Users are avialable in both the systems and both of em have same authorizations.

I have tried another test. i developed the same code in SE38 and it worked. i dont understand why it is not working in the webdynpro application. I tried looking at different tabs and parameters of the View in which i have this code, it has got nothing to deal with RFC connections.

I know it is very strange to belive but this is the issue. I thought may be i was missing out any parameter in the RFC since no suntax check is done when you provide the DESTINATION to the function module but the all seem fine.

my consious tells me that there is something really minor and stupid mistake but not able to figure out what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

????????

Can you supply the coding snippet of the RFC call?

Unfortunately my ideas come to an end now ...

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • Print the form for Rate Rejection

lv_print_data-zzbpart = stru_worklist-succ_bp_number.

lv_print_data-zzco = stru_worklist-succ_psobkey.

UNPACK lv_print_data-zzco TO lv_print_data-zzco.

lv_print_data-zzcac = '68'.

lf_corr_dsp-zzcotyp = 'ZER2'.

APPEND lf_corr_dsp TO lt_corr_dsp.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZRG_FULL_PRINT_PROCESS'

DESTINATION 'DEV_200'

EXPORTING

p_print_program = 'PSOB_TREE_START_ER'

p_print_view = 'P'

TABLES

t_corr_display = lt_corr_dsp

CHANGING

p_print_data = lv_print_data

EXCEPTIONS

PARAMETER_EXCEPTION = 1

SMARTFORM_EXCEPTION = 2

USER_CANCELLED = 3

INVALID_CORRESPONDENCE_TYPE = 4

OTHERS = 5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In your original post you said the RFC ends up with return code 6. What does that mean in your own function module ZRG_FULL_PRINT_PROCESS? Does this function module create this return code?

Please add the following exceptions to your function call:

[system_failure = ns [MESSAGE smess]]

[communication_failure = nc [MESSAGE cmess]]

... where smess and cmess maybe string variables.

Do you get System Log entries and&or short dumps in CRM or R/3?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

the value six is not the return value from the RFC it is the sy-subrc value in CRM system where the RFC is being called. i donot get any short dump. when debugging when the control comes to the RFC it does not go inside the RFC when i press F5 instead it jumps to the next statement after the RFC call, behaves like F6 but does not really execute the RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such cases there is a short dump in the target system. Please check your R/3 system to see if there are any short dumps in there. If yes then you would know what the issue is.

Thanks and regards,

Murli Rap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much Volker and Murali. Thanks for guiding me through i solved the issue.