Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help with WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

can you let me know how to add filter values to the following URL

<SAP_BW_URL DATA_PROVIDER='DATAPROVIDER1' CMD='RESET_DATA_PROVIDER' INFOCUBE='infocubexx' QUERY='query1'>. the query1 changes depending oupon a selection like query2,etc. and can you let me know what does this URL exactly do.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from what I gather this would refresh the dataprovider - or more like refresh the query or the particular infocube specification. and some discrepancies I see are:

1. Usually it is dataprovider_1

but could you give us the scenario and what exactly you want . that might lead us to what exactly you want and what is currently happening and how the gap could be addressed.

Arun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could try concatenating the info object name to the query tag . since you are using iit in href = the &IOBJNM might work. Tell me if it works..

Arun

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry or the multiple posts , you could try adding the IOBJNM tag but I am not too sure if the CMD RESET_DATA..... supports IOBJNM. Thats why I asked for the scenario and also for more details of parameters to be passed - refer the web API.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply here is the senario:

i have a template which has three drop down boxes,a table and a chart, when i select only the first two i should pass the url to query1,and when i select all three then i should be able to pass the url to query2,query3,etc depending upon the value i select in the third drop down, i am passing the filter values(drop down values) as an url(url1:="<SAP_BW_URL DATA_PROVIDER='*' multi="X" FILTER_COLLAPS=' '>)and i am concatinating the filter and its values to that string for the first case.for the second one i need to pass the values to a particular query(url2:'<SAP_BW_URL DATA_PROVIDER='DATAPROVIDER1' CMD='RESET_DATA_PROVIDER' INFOCUBE='infocubexx' QUERY='query1'>)the query1 changes depending upon the value i choose from the third drop down box,eg if i chosee a value 2 it would be query2, i tried to concatinate the filter values to second url but it gives me error can u let me know how to pass the filter values to a particular query depending upon the selection.

here r the two types of url used in the two cases:

1):="<SAP_BW_URL DATA_PROVIDER='*' multi="X" FILTER_COLLAPS=' '>)

2)<SAP_BW_URL DATA_PROVIDER='DATAPROVIDER1' CMD='RESET_DATA_PROVIDER' INFOCUBE='infocubexx' QUERY='query1'>).

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am sorry arun infact the DATA_PROVIDER='DATAPROVIDER_1' i miss typed it.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry,

By refresh I meant reset the dataprovider.