Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Help reqd for designing layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some assistance is designing following scenario:

How to have a calculated column in the layout?

Consider a cost center group A having 3 cost centers rolled up under it. First amount is planned for group and then distributed either manually or using function to each of the 3 cost centers.

1. Now in the layout I want a column which shows % for each cost center of the total amount. Ex: if cost center group A = $300 and each cost center has $100 in it then for which cost center it should show 33.33%.

2. Also not if this % value is changed then figures should change accordingly. Ex: if for 1 cost center 33.33% is changed to 25% then now its amount should change to $75 and $25 should go to not assigned.

Note: there is no key figure in the cube which stores this % value. It is something which is required only during planning.

How can I achieve the above scenario?

Thank you,

sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you dont want to have another key fig, then you can think of the ibject key figure type 0METYPE.

Or derive the percentage in BEx and give a jump to the planing screen.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, what actually I meant is can w/o KF can we create a calculated column in the layout itself to show %?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The percentage is just for display.. right?

Why dont you then use excel formulas which will be dependent on the BPS columns of your layout...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now in the layout I want a column which shows % for each cost center of the total amount. Ex: if cost center group A = $300 and each cost center has $100 in it then for which cost center it should show 33.33%.

Define the key figure for the percentage and include in the layout as a display column; write a fox formula to derive the % and when you run the fox, the comparison colum will be displayed automatically.

For examaple:

= * .80.

If your percentage varies per cost centre, then define a variable of type numeric value and use VARV command to get the variable value.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a workaround without adding a new KF, as this is just for planning aid..