cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading from ods

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i'm uploading to an ods from a flat-file and from there on to the master tables. i've 7 fields in my flatfile and one field in particular doesn't have any attributes and its not a transactional field too. the structure in my flat file is as follows:

custid; custaddr; matid; matgrp; amt; salesvol; location. its a combo of both trans and master data file. i uploaded data into ods and from there i was able to update cust and mat tables through flexible update but i'm not able to update my location. i tried to insert this char as a data target and when i defined update rules it reported that it doesn't have attributes, when i tried to maintain this object as txt, the update rules looks for a description to be associated with it, so i am unable to populate data onto this location field. Please help me with a solution.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As far as I understood your location is just a code of location. And this location infoobject is defined as with no master data (no attributes). If it has some texts then in your flat file you need to provide not only the code of location but also the text description.

And in general I think that your schema (populate ODS, then master data) is wrong. I'd prefer the following:

Feed from your flexible infosource master data (defined as data targets)

- custid & custaddr - for customer;

- matid & matgr - for material

- location & location description - for location.

If your location is an attribute for another IO then include this fields for appropriate attribute update.

And into ODS you'll need to send only:

custid, matid, amt, salesvol, probably location.

You can do update into master data and ODS simultaneously: create URs for ODS and master data data targets.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi eugene,

i get from ur posting that my location infoobject should either have an attribute to declare as master or it should have a description to declare as a text or it should be an attribute to some other infoobject. so i would not be able to populate data if i don't meet any of these. i accept that the schema as u said is wrong. tell me if there is a way out because the 3 options i mentioned are not available for this infoobject. correct me if my understanding of your solution is wrong.

thanks,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The way you will populate your master data depends on your needs. If you declare that your location has no attributes, has no texts and is not an attribute for another IO, then your location will be represented by the code only. For example, codes 010, 025 or DELI, MADR. In this case you don't need to populate this IO. These codes will be written into location IO during transactional data upload (if you choose 'Always update data, even if no master data exists for the data' radio button in Update tabstrip of Infopackage Scheduler).

And of course, if you need a text for your location then you have to provide this info also.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Ravi

Answers (0)