cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of roles from ABAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are uploading ABAP roles into Portal and those appear as groups in portal as our datasource is ABAP.

Our portal version is EHP1 SP8. I have few questions on this.

1. Does the backend role appear by default as group in portal or they appear in portal only after role upload.

2. After role upload is done do we need to assign the role manually into the group

3. In our scenario we are uplading the backend role choosing options "Upload User mapping" while role upload. In this case the users who are assigned to this role in backend are assigned to the group in portal by default and additionally the role is also assigned to these users automatically in portal with out any role assignement manually. Is something wrong in this. Pls clarify.

Technically speaking only backend role should appear as groups in portal and the role should be manually assigned into the group. But in our case users are assigned to group and also to role automatically.

Pls let me know where can i check this.

regards

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies but my main concern is in our system after the role upload is done into portal the uploaded roles is assigned to the users automatically. Why is this happening. I am able to see the backend role as group in portal but the uploaded role is being assigned to the users automatically.

For ex :

Backend role : ABAPROLE (which is assigned to USER 1)

It will appear as group GRPABAP in portal as UME has abap datasource and it is also assigned to USER 1 in portal

Uploaded backend role ABAPROLE into portal as PORTALROLE

After role upload PORTALROLE appear in USER 1 role assignment automatically.

Ideally it should not happen. Only GRPABAP has to be assigned to USER1 and PORTALROLE has to be manually assigned to GRPABAP

Pls let me know why is this portal role assigned to user automatically.

regards

Bharadwaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any views on this specific behaviour in our system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Did you select the option "Upload User Mapping" while doing the role upload from ABAP system? That might have caused the automatic portal role assigment to your test user.

Cheers.

Best Regards,

Zhi Liang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is answered

0 Kudos

Hi,

See my answers below.

1. When you connect your ABAP systems and Portal automatically the backend roles will automatically appear as group in the portal.

2. Assigning the portal role to the backend role, i.e role mapping has to be done manually.

3. Even for this condition you need to map the portal role to the backend role. Because, the portal role will only have the portal objects or menus so without that the user cannot see anything in portal. So the role mapping of portal role and backend role has to be done.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

0 Kudos

Consider the below example

backend role - BR1

Portal role - PR1

User - USR 1.

In your scenario, USR 1 is already assigned to BR1. map the PR1 and BR1. Automatically the USR1 will see all the menus in portal corresponding to the role PR1 and will have authorization to all the transactions or backend objects which ever is assigned to the backend role BR1.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can probably have a look at the following links:

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Jithin