cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from bw 3.3 to BI in netweaver 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My client is currently having BW 3.1 and they are planning to move into BI in netweaver 2004s.Can anyone explain me the steps involved in this upgrade?Will that be the same to go from bw 3.3 to netweaver 2004s?

urgent replies required please.

Saggi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saggi,

please check this thread

<a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=94323">Upgrade from BW3.x to SAP NetWeaver 2004s</a>

or search for the term "upgrade" in the forum.

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from the system upgrade what are the necessary steps required to take in terms of objects in the earlier version after going in for upgrade?

Saggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saggi:

Before the technical upgrade:

First, the essential reading is the upgrade master guide sections on the IT scenerios: "Enterprise Data Warehousing", "Enterprise Query, Reporting and Analysis", and "Business Planning and Analytical Services". Also review carefully the upgrade guide itself. Both are available at service.sap.com/instugidesNW2004s.

Here are some key pre-steps, to get you started. These are not meant to replace the upgrade guide, though...

- See notes 339896 and 509660. Check PSA partitions.

- See note 458363, check and reorganize infoobjects.

- Report RSUPGRCHECK checks the consistency of generated DDIC objects for BI metadata as InfoObjects, InfoCubes and transfer rules. It determines whether the DDIC tables required for an BI meta object are active.

- run report RSDMD_CHECKPRG_ALL from SA38, check all checkboxes. Depending on the messages for the master data objects, the repair button can sometimes resolve the issue. Otherwise the long text should provide some instuctions.

Best of luck with the upgrade. I would advise taking the time you need to gather the guides and the notes the guides list, and to read through and plan carefully.

Best Regards -

Ron Silberstein, SAP Ramp-up backoffice

Answers (0)