Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade EHP4 SP stack 06 to EHP5

sohail_rana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

We are on EHP4 SP stack 06 and would like to upgrade EHP5, Is that the same if we perform upgrade SP stack level 09 that is equivallent to EHP5 or we had to follow other path?

The reason why I have asked the above clarification, during our Solution Manager upgrade just we perform the SP stack 15 to 22 and it is equivallent to the EHP1 now.

Regards,

Sohail Rana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on EHP4 SP stack 06 and would like to upgrade EHP5, 
Is that the same if we perform upgrade SP stack level 09,
 that is equivallent to EHP5 or we had to follow other path?

From above text, I am assuming that you are having this view "If you raise SP stack level of existing EHP4 system (ERP 6.0) from EHP4 SPS stack level 06 to EHP4 -SP stack level 09, then the system is not required to upgrade with EHP5 on some SP stack level, because it will contains all things which are available in ,so and so, SP stack level of EHP5 for ERP6.0."

My assumption about your view is correct ? If not then.. I may be wrong.

AS per reference [SAP Note 1324838 - Enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0: Required SWC |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1324838] Ehnancement Package contains two things in whole....

An Enhancement Package contains

* Corrections from the corresponding, equivalent SP Stacks and

* On top of that further objects touched by the SAP ERP Enhancement Package development (besides new objects introduced)

Here, The meaning of "equivalent" is there in terms of corrections equivelance of the Software components (SAP_APPL, SAP_BASIS, SAP_HR...etc.).

If you just apply maintainance support patches for raising EHP4 SP stack level 06 to EHP4 SP stack 09, it will bring only the corrections in systems for the software componnents in use. It will not bring any Enhancements/New Business Functions which are delivered through Enhancement Packages (EHPs) for SAP Solution according to Technical Usage(s). But also those corrections are required to activate the Enhancements/Business Functions, which are brought by EHPs in System. The Enhancements/Business Functions are dependent of the required SP Stack level of SAP Solution.

Please refer SAP Note 1324838 to get more detailed information. Read it carefully.

The reason why I have asked the above clarification, during our Solution Manager upgrade just we perform the SP stack 15 to 22 and it is equivallent to the EHP1 now.

In this case, The Solman contains only CORRECTIONS utpo SP stack 22, but it does not contains any Enhancements/New functions delivered in So and so SP stack level of EHP1.

I hope the above information will be helpful to clarify your doubts.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sohail,

Please see SAP notes 1064635 and 1484460

If you update from EHP4 SPS6 to EHP4 to SPS9, this is the equivalent of SP19 which means when you update to EHP5, you will need to include SPS4 for EHP5 to be at the correct code correction level and not lose any fixes.

For sp stack release schedules, see service.sap.com/sp-stacks > SP Stacks maintenance

Regards,

Paul