cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a record in infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario wherein there is a service ticket employee1 and revenue.

When the service ticket is changed in CRM the record in the BW also needs to be updated. So when we change the employee1 to employee2 it should update that record in the infocube. However, here in the infocube a new entry gets included and the revenue amount comes summed up in the final report.

Can anybody help us find out how we can handle this multiple record creation in BW system.

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

In that case in order to report on the latest data you would have to filter on the latest date when the cube was updated.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

This seems to be an appropriate solution to me can you give me an idea how we can go about it coz iam new to SAP BW so it will be great if you can lend me some guidance.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

If you only want to see the latest status then update the data in an ODS. This way the data would get overwritten and you should see the latest data.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just have another small query from you. What in the case when we update the data in the infocube from the ODS.

In this case it will treat this entry as a new record becoz anyways that entry would have been overwritten.

ODS has key fields in them which can identify a record uniquely.Is something like that possible in an infocube.

Let me know your comments on it.

Thanks

Varun