cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update web service after change in function module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on some dashboards pulling data via a web service created from a function module in SE80. Function module --> Utility's --> More utilities --> Create web service wizard.

Now on to the question: once the web service is created if we do anything to the function module the web service breaks.

Is there any way to repair/regenerate the web service or am I stuck with deleting and slogging through creating a new web service if the function module changes?

Thanks!

former_member610149
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Debjit.

The system expects changes in the number of parameter or the changes in the number or position of the input / output fields.

We need to regenerate the webservice connection.

Best practice is once for all you finalise the FM duly tested and verified, then create web services.

With best wishes

BaaRaa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I had the same issue, I created the webservice using the Wizard on the SE37. Then I made some changes to the parameters in the Function Module and wanted to recreate the webservice (previously I deleted it and then created it again).

I found that if you go to SE80 (searching by Package of the Function) - Enterprise Services - Service Definition and then selecting your webService, if you Check the WebService it generates. At first I noticed that if I activated nothing happened, but if I did a Check, it generated the webService with the changes.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

One minor notice the service should be in change mode first.

Former Member

Absolutely yes! The key is to switch to change mode before te check and activation.

Worked also for me.

Regards gurus 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saravanakumar_mac
Participant

Dear All,

I Got solution,

SE80-->Package-->Enterprise Services-->Service Definitions-->Double Click your webservice-->Make Edit mode-->Activate.

Now your function module's change will update in your web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! Worked for me! Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. It worked for me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

worked for me too...thanks for the solution!