cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SPAM/SAINT package for release 7.00 terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed solman 4.0 on windows environment. when i tried to import spam/saint update, it got terminated in the phase IMPORT_PROPER.

Also, in SM50 it is showing on workprocess running for long and gets terminated. I also have run SGEN once my installation was over.

0 DIA 4028 Running Yes 649 SAPMS38L 000 DDIC Delete D010INC

can anyone suggest what the problems would be..

Thanks and Regards,

sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

I am getting the same error when applying SPAM/SAINT update (Patch 23) on Solution manager 4.0. How did you resolve this?

SM50 showing similar status.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please stop and try to reimport the spam update again.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried three times. In fact I also restarted SAP System by changing rdisp/max_wp_runtime to 0 as there were lot of short dumps with timeouts.

I notice that currently job RDDGEN0L is running at present.

Also,

1) Dialogue work process running Report SAPMS38L with action Delete on Table D0101NC (User DDIC).

2) BGD Work process Status “On Hold” Reasn “RFC” with report SAPLSDDD (User DDIC).

SPAM Status is "MOVE NAMETABS FINISHED WITH RETURN CODE 0". Import logs finished with error code 4.

Regards

Chandu

P.S : FYI I am opening another thread with the same message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I replied to your message, the SPAM update finished successfully. I think restarting Web AS System resolved the issue. Also, I noticed that there were three tp processes running on the windows which I killed and also rebooted the server just to make it clean.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that you are running the update using dialog work processes and it is timing out. You might want to think about running the update in background or temporarily disable the rdisp/max_wprun_time by setting it to 0. Or just restarting the update process it probably will finish within the allotted time

JohnMorton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello sailesh,

Ensure that the RDDIMPDP jobs are scheduled correctly in each client with the DDIC user. Check SM37 -> 'job log' for shortdumps related to the canceled jobs.

Refer to note 924840 " A background job unexpectedly runs for a long time"

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please try to restart the spam/saint upgrade again and also have a look to SAP note 822379.

Regards,

-Sunil