cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I attempt to view update rules in our Production BW system (by double clicking on the update rules in the infoprovider view of RSA1) I get a popup box titled "Error in Object Editing" and the text of the body is: Changes to Repository or cross-client customizing are not permitted. Choose 'Display object' or 'Cancel'

When I click 'Display Object' I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Correction forbids maintenance - only display possible"

I don't actually get to see the update rules at all though. What I see is a screen titled "Update Rules change: Start" It has the Version/OdsObject/DataSource but not the typical Update rules screen.

I am wondering how I can be able to at least display the update rules on this production box, obviously it works fine on our development box. But in production I just want to be able to see and not change the update rules.

Anyone have a transaction I can use, or some advice for our security person to grant me this ability. or is this a system setting that will need to be changed?

Thanks,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

After you get as far, just click on the green circle with check mark (top left). You can see the rules here.

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Nick,

yes, the error message indicated no changes allowed to objects in production.

you should be able to display the update rules by clicking till the update rules displayed. another way is try transaction rsdcube or rsdods and type in your infoprovider name and click display, then menu go to somewhere display update rules. to trace if you have display authority, transaction su53 and get back to basis/security with the info. hope this helps.