cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update rules not activated in BWQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have 2 cubes that have been transported to BWQ successfully.

However the update rules are not active in BWQ. I have tried several times and created new transports and still update rules are not active in BWQ. The cubes are based on their own ODS and I can not pull data from the ODS into my cubes because update rules are not activated in BWQ.

Am I missing something here?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we face such type of problems.We open the System(scc4) & activate it.

You can refer note 775467 & 761656 .

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Anita

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We opend the box and activated the update rules.

Thanks all for help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Opening the box and activating the updates rules is a little risky. To ensure that future transports go through, release the transport request in BWQ, if any.

Also, next time these update rules are transported, select the overwrite un-confirmed repairs flag in the when doing the transport.

Cheers

ANeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aneesh,

Please say how and where I set this flag in transport.

In the grouping I am selecting "indata flow before and after'.

Thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aneesh,

Yes the update rule show in BWQ but is not active.

I have tried the transport many times already with no luck.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

1) Is the transport giving any error?

2) Go into the update rules and press the check button.

3) Ensure that the Myself source system is active. Go to source systems, right click on myself and select check. If this is OK, then go into the datasources and check if the datasource for the ODS is ok. It will be 8<ODS Technical Name>. For safety sake, try replicating it and re-importing the update rules.

Did you check if all routines and formulas are transported correctly? Second step should give you an error if they are not.

Regards

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aneesh,

No errors in transports and source system.

I can not verify if update rules formulas are ok because the update rule is not active(gray)and it does not show.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firsty , check in transport connection if the Update rules are transported i.e they are not under $TMP .

Former Member
0 Kudos

if these update rules were ever before modified in the BWQ by opening the system then you need to delete the objeccts from the transports requests in BWQ

BWer

Former Member
0 Kudos

BWer,

I did not understand your. What do you mean by deleting the objects from the transport? what will that do for me? Please clarify.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

1) Check if you can see the inactive update rules in BWQ? If not, then they probably have not been transported from dev. If they are there but inactive, then check the error log of the transport request.

2) Try importing the transport request with update rules once again. Sometimes that works.

Cheers

Aneesh