cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update query via transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a query and transported it to the test environment. Now the query was updated in development och needs a re-transport. However, as I try to transport, it does not seem possible in the transport connection tool (the field which I want to mark is grey). Am I supposed to use the BeX-request for this? If I release the Bex-request and import it, I assume that all queries will be updated, or?

Is there anyway to transport only this query again?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Fredik,

yes, if you release the bex request and import it to test environment, all queries that changed with same package of that bex will be updated to test.

you can transport this query only by using normal transport connection, rsa1->transport connection->left panel 'object type' and middle panel 'query element' and expand and choose 'query' and 'select objects' and choose your query and 'transfer', it will move to right panel, choose collection mode 'manual' and grouping 'only necessary objects', and mark all objects following. you may need to release first the bex request, before that check in sm12 (if any query being edited) and communicate with you colleagues to avoid anyone doing query changes and cannot be saved.

hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can transport your query changes by craeting transport request from Transport Connection in RSA1.

Select your query from query element in the left and then drag and drop on the right. Keep the grouping as only necc objects. Then expand the objects on the right and select only query and then click on truck icon. Then it may ask you to assign your query to a pacakge. and then release your request and import.

Thanks,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i understand you correctly. Some one might have already updated the query meaning they might have created the request already ( since it is change after transportation ). Now you can not recreate a new request as this is done for you aleady. so it was greay in the transportconnection.. Did you see any request on the right handside.

I think now you can directly releas and import in your target system.

Notsure i understand your issue correctly..

regards,

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone!

It's solved now... I awarded the highest points available for all! You are great!

//Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

Try assigning the query to a new request. Also other objects like CKF,RKF. Once you assign the query to a new request you will be able to transport it to target sys. I hope this will help you.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

yes u have to assign a Transport Request for this Query and transport it as u did it for the first time.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do, but it is not possible in the transport connection tool since the "transport tic-box" is not active when the object already exist in the target system...

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

//F

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pl refer the following links:

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transport connection you can assign it to a new request after which you will find tic-box normal.