cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update ODS from InfoSource and ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an ODS which is updated using two Update Rules. The details are as follows:

1. Update Rule 1 is from an InfoSource where the Datafields are one to one mapped this updates fine

2. Update Rule 2 is from an ODS, the values which are due to be updated with this rule are not getting populated when I run a package from the InfoSource (in one above)

Am I missing a step? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

Got little confused with your last thread. Is the ODS that supplies data having data and also whether it exists in the same system. Need more info.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use „Update ODS Data in Data Target” ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten, Load tha data into PSA and Target. If you get data into PSA then definitly the data will come to Datatarget..if there is no data in target only then check Anil kumar feedback...hope it helps...

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i> the values which are due to be updated with this rule are not getting populated when I run a package from the InfoSource (in one above)</i>

Check whether overwrite is selected for 'Update type' of those fields. And if the ODS1 and Info source are giving same set of data(which are havinf same values for Key fields of ODS2), the data will be overwritten by second one(which was started later).

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Message was edited by: Anil Kumar Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, in this case the key fields are the same. I have also set the fields which do not need to be updated to no update and the ones which do to overwrite. I may be not clear on the understanding. The ODS contains routines and data, at the moment the work is in sandbox and so the InfoSource is no longer connected to the ODS which is part of Update Rule 2, would this have an impact? My understanding is that from the second update rule I am not getting any data but just the routines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>at the moment the work is in sandbox and so the InfoSource is no longer connected to the ODS which is part of Update Rule 2, would this have an impact?</i>

No it will not have any impact on the data loading from other ODS.

So, if it the case. You have to check in the RSA3 or in the PSA for fields value.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P