Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update mode option in Infopackage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets take a Example , for any data source in R/3 system

and set up tables have = 100 Records

And Delta Queue has = 100 Records.

I had made four diffrent Info package with diffrent option avilable under update tab and run Info packages.

What would be no. of records in PSA.

1. Full Update , No. of records in PSA =

2. Delta Update , No of records =

-

Initilize Delta Proces

Initilize with Data Transfer , No if record in PSA =

Initilize without Data Transfer , No of recors in PSA =

Thanks

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Full Update , No. of records in PSA = 100

2. Delta Update , No of records = 100

Initilize Delta Proces

Initilize with Data Transfer , No if record in PSA = 100 ( get the Data from set up table )

Initilize without Data Transfer , No of recors in PSA = 0 ( its just a simulation and Creates Outbound Queue in RSA7 of source system and No data will transfer to BW )

Regards,

Rangz

Edited by: Ranganath Kodiugane on Mar 30, 2009 1:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello , Thanks for a quick update

1. Full Update , No. of records in PSA = 100 -- From where it will pick the records first ?

2. Delta Update , No of records = 100 -- From where it will pick the Records.?

So what i understand , Pls correct me if i am wrong -

Full Update - Always pick records from Set up table.

Delta Update - Pick the Records from Delta Queue whatevere avilable there.

-

Initilize Delta Proces

Initilize with Data Transfer , No if record in PSA = 100 ( get the Data from set up table )

My Understanding - First it will pick all the records from Setup table and again if i run this info pack it will fetch the records from Delta Queue.

Initilize without Data Transfer , No of recors in PSA = 0 ( its just a simulation and Creates Outbound Queue in RSA7 of source system and No data will transfer to BW )

My Understanding - If i run this infopack again it will fetch the data from Delta Queue only.

Thanks

Ashwani

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ashwini you are right..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup,,,

Full Update - Always pick records from Set up table.

Delta Update - Pick the Records from Delta Queue whatevere avilable there.

Above 2 points are perfect. and this will work like this for Logistic datasource.( Lo-Cockpit Data sources).

For FI , CO and COPA data will be pulled directly from tables till date and delta will capture the records after that.

Note: No need to fill set up table for these applications.

nitilize Delta Proces

Initialization is a process to create a delta queue in T-code RSA7 in R3 system to collect Delta records.

This will always fetch rec from Set up table.No delta records will be extrated from R3 to BW with this setting.

Two options with are

1.With data : Get the records from Set up table as well as create the delta queue in RSA7.

2.without data : Only creates delta queue.No records will be extracted to from R3 to BW.

You need to select delta update mode in Infopackage to get the delta records from R3 to BW.

You need to Initialize delta, after that only you will get Delta Update option in your Info package.

Hope this will clear your doubts.

Regards,

Rangz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.......... Great Work.

Full points awarded

Answers (0)