cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update cube data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a cube where there are incorrect values loaded in one of the columns. As this is history cube which contains weekly snapshots of the historical view, it can not be reloaded. So we need to find a way to update the value in this column to make it corret. Can some one share the easiest way to do so? I am thinking about writing an abap program not sure if the fact tale is the only table will be updated? Please advise.

Thanks,

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try for loopback.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response.

But How to do loopback? Can you give more detail?

Thanks,

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

By using loopback, the infocube would be the source and target. I donot think your requirement could be met this way. Not sure how the values could be adjusted this way.

I think the best way to go forward, is what Andrey suggested. Take a dump to excel. Keep all chars and only the key figure to be changed. Manually adjust all the key figure values. There are already values for this loaded. So you would have to put a figure, a +ve or -ve amount which would correct the existing values.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

As somebody already suggested, I would go for the loopback. Basically you would create a transformation that goes from your cube to your cube. So the source and target objects are the same. Doing that you could delete or change the values for that key figure.

If you need to put a value in there, I would download the records to a CSV file, correct the values in there, and upload them again using a file datasource to a DSO. Then, in the self transformation, you could read the DSO and assign the values to the corresponding key figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sharon,

You can download to excel file and correct those records which are erronus and reload data to cube .hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The most simple way is to download incorrect records to excel, correct them in excel and load it back from using standard way (data source, transformation and DTP).

Regards.