cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update BPS Web Interface variable using user-exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a variable in a BPS Web interface which I want to update when I press a function button which calls a user exit. The user exit is being called, gets the right value for the variable. After that I'm using API_SEMBPS_VARIABLE_SET to set the variable followed by API_SEMBPS_POST - but the variable value in the web interface is not being updated.

Please help.

Thanks and regards.

Rajendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the setting of the variable ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have probably the same problem with a BPS variable. The type of the exit variable is numeric value. Is there any function module which could be used as a template?

Regards,

Esa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sopouse it probably is too late but what you need is to force the BPS variables to update because if the variable is set but the other variable that is taking the value from the first doesn't update it is of no use..

You should make sure the variables at BPS_WB have the "Updating upon change aiming towards the variable you are reading from.. .or another solution might be to place the following code just before the variable is called or just after its updated..

cl_upwb=>raise_buffer_changed( 'selection' ).

That should do the trick..

maybe its too late but someone else might need this information..

Regards.

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please start with the FM

CALL FUNCTION 'API_SEMBPS_GETDATA'

for your variable

and then call 'set' and 'post'

regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

This is exactly what I'm doing. On debugging I can see the execution happening without an error. But the value in the web-interface is not being updated.

Rajendra