Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Events triggered - In ME29N Workflow

former_member328875
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am rejecting the purchase order but along with required events - one unwanted event is also triggered. I spent time on this but not able to trace from where it's triggers. Same is not at all triggers in Quality system while I am looking almost all the event linkage and workflow event trigger condition, check FM all are same.

Could anyone please help me on this urgently - due to this one extra unnecessary work item created. I am sharing SWEL screen shots. and the process I follow to reject PO.

Please check the screen shot both system comparison shared for the same action - Reject and Cancel Reject.

Thanks in advance for quick help!

Regards,

reject.pngswel-log.pngSaquib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Triggering mechanism generally handled through Release strategy in SPRO. Please check with functional.

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

StephaneBailleu
Active Contributor

Hi

Your Unwanted event is simply in transaction SWEC, SAP at each upgrade/installation in adding this entry for the MM Business object whereas the real event is being triggered programmatically.

This event (in SEC) is not providing the release code which triggers the error of the receiver.

You can safely remove the entries in SWEC

Cheers

Stephane

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor

Hi Saquib Khan either it could be done by NACE output determination or by custom code which would be triggering the ReleaseStepCreated.

Check output of your PO and if any output is being triggered related to Workflow, take ST12 trace and check in ABAP trace if event is triggered programmatically by any exit/badi, refer to below links for reference.

Workflow trigger from Output NACE

Trigger events in program

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor

Hi sap.saquib Check config in SWE3 & SWEC, also on the below thread.

RELEASESTEPCREATED in PO Release Workflow

former_member328875
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for the reply, My SWE3 and SWEC configuration is same in Quality and Dev system but still Dev triggeres additional event!

In this thread no event is triggered might be due to the agent not determined but in my case extra events created from some unknown source - when click on Reject PO release. You can see the shared screen shot the sequence of events triggered along with Rejection_Start -> ReleaseStepCreated is triggered. My concern is how and from where this ReleaseStepCreated while I clicked on Reject {Rejection_Start) event.

Please simplify and brief the explanation where and what I can check apart from the mentioned point already checked.

Regards,

Saquib

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor

Did you check the header of the workflow start events?

former_member328875
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes...Workflow Start event ReleaseStepCreated is there.

This event triggers on PO Release Levels not expected to trigger on/after Rejection_Start.

But it triggers after pressing Reject [Rejection_Start] event. I need to understand clearly how it's triggers on/after Rejection_Start.

I hope you are clear on my concern.

Thanks!

Saquib