cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Full Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I've found no explanation what this CAL link does. When I click on it, it lets me choose from base offer or 5-20 instance pack. What is the base offer and what are the instance packs?

Cheers,

-- Micha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

For more information about the SAP CAL subscription package and the mechanics of how this works, see the SCN article.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanimir,

yes I've already seen this article. It does not mention "Unlock Full Library" nor "base offer" nor what is the cost for the different packages (the link mentions $953, but for which package??), so I've thought there has to be another one that describes all this. Perhaps you or someone else at SAP could extend it a little bit so that us dumb users would understand it all? 🙂 I'm sure it is all completely clear to you but when you come to CAL from outside, it is actually quite confusing.

Cheers,

-- Micha

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

In order to activate any of the "paid" solutions the following prerequisites must be met:

1. You own the SAP Product licenses. The SAP Product licenses can be purchased from your SAP Sales Representative.

2. You have to purchase the SAP Cloud Appliance Library subscription in order to unlock the entire Library.

The SAP CAL subscription has two parameters - subscription period and number of instances. The minimum subscription period is 3 months.

With the second parameter you can decide how many concurrently deployed instances you would like to have. You can even mix and match the different solutions from which to provision your instance(s), as long as the number of provisioned instances at any given time does not exceed the number covered by your subscription.

You can purchase the SAP Cloud Appliance Library subscription in two ways:

1. Online on the SAP Store.

2. Alternatively it is also available directly from your SAP Sales representative (Material code/SKU 8000610).

The SAP Cloud Appliance Library subscription is currently priced at EUR 750 per 1 active cloud instance per month. If you order the base offer you can specify the number of instances on the fly.

We also have predefined discounted volumes packages for 5-, 10- and 20- active instances available. They are currently priced at EUR 3500, 6500 and 12000 per month.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Answers (0)