cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Worklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our uwl.standard config file, the global attribute for date columns is set to date. I wanted this set to DateTime so I went into the actual file on the server and changed it.

I did this on our dev portal and would like to transport it now to our test portal. I tried exporting the uwl iview and role to our test portal, but the uwl.standard file remained unchanged.

So is there a better way to change <GlobalAttributes> or how can I transport the changes I've made to our test portal?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think this link should help you http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/c0001cdfcd1386e10000000a155369/content.htm

Please award points if it helps.

Jay K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to at least transport uwl configuration files between portal instances? We're trying to get our custom workflows from our dev portal to our test portal, and eventually to our production portal. I have tried putting together a transport package with the UWL iView and role but the configuration files are not transported.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As UWL Content is based on XML. I think you have to use XML Export/Import mechanism. In EP6.0 SP15,

there is a separate transport mechanism for XML based iviews.

Please check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/28f999daa6434a845da6bf9ab5072c/content.htm

Hope it helps...

Jojo..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Jojo,

However I do not think the 'Upload Content and Actions' has anything to do with the XML config files in the UWL. The XML Export/Import mechanism, rather, seems that this is for creating XML files that will perform certain repetitive creation tasks.

I have talked to a coworker who had set up the UWL in the past and he was adamat that there is no way to transport UWL configuration files from portal to portal, that they had to be uploaded manually in each portal.

So what I need to know now is how to create a custom xml file that would change the global attribute I had in my code above, or is the only way to change a global attribute in the uwl.standard.xml file to go into the server itself and change the file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

Your question is a very valid one. There is no automatic transport of XMLs between different portals UWLs.

One way you could achieve this is put all your customizations in one XML file, bundle it inside a PAR file, and deploy the PAR file into the portal. (This XML file should contain a name like uwl_xxxxx.xml where xxxxx is any name you could give).

When this PAR file is deployed in the portal, UWL automatically tracks this uwl_xxxxx.xml and recognizes this.

And of course we all know PAR files are transportable and batch deployed right?

Hopefully this solvs your situation.

Kiran

PS: I liked your question for no one else had asked it before !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Changes to uwl.standard are not suggested.

Instead you should create another xml file called uwl.standard.customer by downloading the uwl.standard file from System Administration --> System Configuration --> UWL & Workflow --> Administration.

Click the start button in the UWL content config iView.

Select uwl.standard and download it.

Make chages only to the lines that need to be changed.

Save all your changes as uwl.standard.<customer> and upload to the portal from the same navigation area.

You will need to logoff and log back in to check the changes.

If you are satisfied, then please upload the same xml file to all the different portals.

You might want to download the DTD as well to avoid any DTD errors on your local PC.

Cheers,

Vibhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying Vibhu,

I have just tried what you suggested, and saw no change. I have previously uploaded configuration files in this way to change views, however what I am trying to change now is the Global Attributes.

Here is the code I just uploaded that had no effect that I could see.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN' 'uwl_configuration.dtd' [

]>
<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">
  <DescriptionBundles>
    <DescriptionBundle name="blank" default=" "/>
  </DescriptionBundles> 

<GlobalDisplayAttributes>
    <DisplayAttribute name="createdDate" type="date" width="" sortable="yes" format="medium" referenceBundle="sent_date" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"/>
  </GlobalDisplayAttributes>
</UWLConfiguration>

As I said before, I manually changed the standard file on the server to <DisplayAttribute name="createdDate" type="datetime" and the portal now shows the created date with the time and date, so I changed global attribute to just date to see if it would show just the date, but it still shows date and time.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there any solution for changing global attributes in a custom xml file? I have tried that as well (the custom xml file has a higher priority as the standard one) and the new seetings do not show up!

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have run into the same problem as you have as you can see by my previous posts.

The only solution I have found is to go into the actual server box the portal is installed on and changing the xml file in the file structure. This is dangerous and you should definitely make a back up of the xml file before changing it.

This is alright to do on our Dev portal, but we really dont want to have to do it with our production portal.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

you had to change the XML file from the file structure? Wasnt it possible to download the uwl.standard.xml from the portal and then upload it again after you had apply tyour changes? This should work. Too bad there seems to be a problem with using a custom xml file instead of the standard uwl.standard.xml file.

Markus