Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Union of data for 2 characteristics in cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement as below.

I have 2 char in my infocube, Job band and job level. Job band have values A and B and Job level also have same value A and B. For each record in cube for a employee we have value for these 2 object. The combinations could be AA,AB,BA,BB (Job band and job level in sequence).

User want to see a report where job band or job level is A. So result should be employes with job band and job level value AA,AB or BA.

If I restrict Job band on A, I will not get result for BA. If I restrict job level on A, I will not get AB. Does anyone have faced simillar kind of issue.

Any pointer to resolve the above requirement will be appreciated.

Regards,Niraj

View Entire Topic
jaya_mogali
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

Create a structure .

Structure element 1 will be Job band A, Job level A

Structure element 2 will be Job band A, Job level B

Structure element 3 will be Job band B, Job level A

Structure element 4 will be Job band B, Job level B

Now you have all combinations available to you. YOu can hide element 4 if you do not want to see 'BB' .

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I have given example with 2 values but I have job band and job level each with 20 values. Creating so many structures for combinations will be very complex.

Is there any way around to solve this?

Regards,Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Let me see if i understand the question properly.

You have 2 characterstics and both of them can have say 20 different values.

User want to choose say 'C' and if job band or job level....any one of them is C, you want to show the data in the report. Is it Correct?

If this is what you are trying to achieve you can concatenate both the fields into a single field with CHAR 2 in the CUbe level and create a selection variable for that characterstic in the report.

Ask User to Enter values for that selection variable as * A * or * B * (remove spaces ) to see values having any one of them.

Let me know if something is not clear.

Thanks

Sachin

jaya_mogali
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

You can do it with just two Structure elements.

Element 1 Restrict Job band by ( A ) and no restriction on Job level

Element 2 Restrict by Job band ( excluding values A,) and restrict Job level by A, ( we are excluding A because AA combination is completed in the element 1.

If you have to do same for multiple values of Job band then just modify elements as follows.

Element 1 Restrict by Job band ( A, B, C ) no restriction on Job level

Element 2 Restrict by Job band ( excluding values A,B, C ) and restrict Job level by A, B, C

Jaya