Did you mean: 

Unexpected error from external database driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Crystal Reports 16.

Standalone Windows 10 PC

Data saved as xls but in Office 365.

Since an update to Office yesterday, I get the error -

Logon failed - Details DAD Error Code 0xccb - Source DAO Workspace - Unexpected error from external database driver (1).

Access files work OK, but I need to use the spreadsheets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing this too. I tracked it down to an update KB4041676; after uninstalling this update my CR worked fine. I hope someone at SAP can help or a new Microsoft Update fixes this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - I will try to uninstall the update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having identical problems however with different program versions as noted below. Also began after Microsoft updates on 10/10/17.

Crystal Reports 11

Office 2010

Windows 7 32 bit

I believe KB4041676 is Windows 10 related as it is not installed on my system. Hopefully a fix is on the way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this KB4041676 is for Windows 10. I would try to narrow it down for your windows 7 machine on which update is causing the issue. I would talk to your system administrator though just in case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uninstalled the update KB4041676, and I could run my reports correctly.

But, the same update has automatically downloaded and prompted for a restart to finish installation. I have have uninstalled it again, I assume in it's wisdom Microsoft will continue to try to install. Assuming it is the same update as before, I will have the same problem.

I don not want to keep unistalling the update (which I assume contains stuff I need), so do any of you much cleverer users than me, know of a permament solution?

It's a standalone PC - on 24/7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this happen on the newer versions of Crystal? I am thinking of just biting the bullet and upgrading...

View Entire Topic
nambi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This update has caused me a lot of grief! almost a week to narrow it down, KB4041681 was causing this issue for me, for now I have halted all automatic update.

This would affect office 2007 excel, I think upgraded the excel to 2013 and the same issue.

Server 2008