Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeploy process definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a quite simple question:

I tried and tested a lot with BPM recently.

I want to clean up and remove or archive the test process definitions I deployed to my server.

Undeployment of BPM DCs via NWDS is not enough.

The process component is still listed in the Process Repository in NWA.

How can it be removed?

Thanks and best regards

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

There is no provision to free your repository collectively. However, there is an option to Archive single process instance. I know it is a very tedious process to archive process instances one by one but I can see no other option.

You can try this.

Login to NWA with Admin rights, especially with a user having 'NWA_SuperAdmin' role.

Go to process repository, select the particular process. When the corresponding process instances open up, select a particular process and click on 'Archive' button:

Let me repeat once again, it is very time consuming to archive single process instance at a time but there is no other option.

I had tried archiving 200 Process instances one by one and my Basis guy said it had freed only around 18-20MB from the repository cache. If your process context is too heavy with many data objects, you can consider this option.

But according to me. The effort is not worth it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can archive and delete n number of process instances at one time either using manage process screen(make sure your process instance is in completed/cancelled state) and using shift or control option or better do it from java archiving cockpit where u can give duration in day(s).

Thanks

Manish

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Have you got any solution, I also have the same issue and wants to clean all components from Process Repository. We are using 7.3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Currently there is no such operation supported for removing the process instances. Maybe you can raise a note with SAP for this.

Regards,

Arafat

Karthikrcn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to archive / undeploy the existing process definitions in this release.

Karthik