Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#Unavailable error in webI

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report wherein I have to restrict the zero values in the columns. The report is based on a SAP BW Bex query and the zero values come from a key figure. I cannot put the condition in the query filter since it doesnt allow me to pull the measure there.

If I try to put a report or a block level filter, the all the measures become #UNAVAILABLE. The report looks somewhat like the below:

Dim1| Dim2| Dim3|         M1|      M2|     M3

A     |  B    |   C    |  #UNAV|#UNAV|#UNAV

M3 is the variable I need to put a filter on for supressing Zero. I have tried with the measure(key figure) and the underlying attribute(Formatted value). The result is the same. Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. However, just to clarify. We are using BICS connectivity and hence there is no universe. I cannot set the database delegation nor can I make any changes to the measure.

All I need to understand is why I cant put a block level filter based on M3. I have tried using the measure as well as the "formatted value" attribute that comes with the measure. All I get is #UNAVAILABLE.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Vinayak

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

As I said earlier, this behavior is fixed with BO 4.0 SP4. In SP4, you don't need to create a variable to suppress ZEROS. WebI has this functionality inside. I would recommend you upgrade your BO system to SP4 to solve this problem and gain more functionality.

To my observation, SP4 is a lot faster then BO SP2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinayak

Did you tried using function sum() on measure.?? i tried it before ,it solved my problem , let me know if it not worked .

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhaid

I get similar kind of #unavailable error when i am trying to apply rank (top 10) on the dimension from the Bex query and the measures are modified by creating variables in the webi report and we are on BO4.0 SP6 Patch 5. Please let me know if you have any ideas to resolve this issue.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the information above from Ravi and Zahid is correct,

also this thread here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3259316

I will lock this discussion now, as it is an old discussion.

please open your own if the above links don't clarify.

regards,

H

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

This problem is fixed in BO 4.0 SP4 with BICS connections.

The reason you are getting this error is that your measures coming from Bex is set Database Delegated by default and there is no way to set them as SUM in BICS connection (direct connection to Bex). This can be fixed at OLAP universes created in Universe Design Tool by setting measures' aggregation type from Database Delegated to SUM. When you create a variable in WebI, and put it on a table with measure. Measure asks BW to give the value based on WebI variable. Since BW has no such a value, it returns #UNAVAILABLE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

See SAP Note: 1606502 for resolution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

We usually get the error, when we use the Measures which are coming out of Bex query universes. #UNAVAILABLE occurs when we are using smart measures and Web Intelligence cannot calculate the value based on the contexts used.  Do not use smart measures while applying filter on a aggregated value from your query and further aggregate it within the report. At the same time, it will throw the error, when we use it in the formula too.

How can we fix the error. We can modify the property of the measure object in universe to resolve the issue.

Measure object Properties-> Function to "Sum" (relevant projection too) , which was "Database Delegated" by default for OLAP universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is the BO version?

M3 variable is dimension or measure?

THnaks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

write a formula like sum(measure) in webi report  , where ever you are using measure use sum function.

I am sure you will get values. 

Regards

Sunil