cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to View Standard Planning Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPS Gurus,

I am trying to simulate Account Planning for CRM, through the Sales Planning cube (0CSAL_C02). When get into the BPS area (0BPS), I am not able to see any SAP standard Planning Areas or functions in this screen.

Can you let me know, how I can install this standard SAP Planning content so that I will be able to see the planning areas and functions. Please e-mail any related documents to mantaurean@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.

Manu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to install the Standard SAP BPS Content? If so then there is none supplied for BI-IP, but for BW-BPS there is and the way you do this is by the following :

mentioned steps

1) log on to client 000 of your BW system

2) goto transaction UPB_APPL_IMPORT (in client 000 of course) and click the planning function you want to install the busines content of

3) run transaction UPB_APPL_IMPORT; this will generate a transport request

4) release this transport in client 000

5) import in the working client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabar. Looks like I do not have access to the 000 client. I will ask my BASIS consultant to provide access and do this.

Regards,

Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I think the 4* sample planning applications are only available with SEM-BPS and not sure if SAP had delivered it with BW-BPS. I have only used it with SEM-BPS system but don't really use them these days since they are not very extensive and not really sufficient for a base, more a look see if you are planning to bring in some new functionality or get some ideas if it is an area you have not worked on before.

I know we tried to get the BPS sample applicaitons into a BW-BPS 3.5 system as a transport from SEM-BPS 4.0 on BW 3.5 about 2 years ago but ran into issues since there were a number of sample planning applications uses some of the 10 planning functions only available in SEM-BPS. I did not have time to collect each transport and it was simpler to do something from scratch after the half day allocated to bring the 4* planning example up was done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Mary. We are using the BPS available in BI7. I will have authorizations on Monday and will let you know if I were able to install the content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not installed the SEM add-on before, you will be using BW-BPS 7.0 on BI 7.0 rather than SEM-BPS 6.0 on BI 7.0. I would guess the contents are not there.

Sorry the NW04S systems I have access to all have the SEM add-on so cannot check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to install the content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your inputs.

Message was edited by:

Manu Srivatsa