cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view enhanced field in Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently upgraded our R/3 system from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. Now when we are enhancing the data source, the field is visible in the Extract Structure. But we are unable to view it in the data source. We checked out in RSA2 the enhanced field attribute is specified as 'Field in OLTP and BW Hidden by SAP'. We have written code to modifiy the ROOSFIELD table to make the enahnced field visible. But this is the problem with all the data sources. Whenever, we have to enahnce, we have to go thru this process to make the enhanced field visible.

Is it like that we missied out any patch in ECC 6.0 while upgrade? If any person faced similar situation, please help us.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you are missing a step here. As soon as you enhance your datasource with new fields, by default, those 2 check boxes are checked ( Hidden and Field in User exit only). You go to RSA6, edit your datasource and here, you can uncheck these added fields so that you can use them. You do not need to write any code to change the fields settings in ROOSFIELD table. Do the step I mentioned above after enhancing and you should be good. Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subray,

The issue is that the field is not visible atall in the Data Source for me to uncheck the Hidden field and field in User Exit. That is the reason why we have written code to modify the ROOSFIELD table to enable the Visibility flag.

Regards

Ravi Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please search for some SAP notes. I haven't come across this kind of a situation and I can't think of a reason why this might be happening.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde.