cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update multiple columns in a single update statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am unable to update multiple column values in a single update statement.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is very late to answer but thought it might be helpful if someone else is really thinking that multiple columns cannot be updated in a single update statement.

I could execute following update query for my project -

update performance.ziele set ziel = 'aaaa' , termin = 'hhdddd', fluss = 2222

where BANK = 'x' and ziele_user = 'y' and project = 'z'

The values I kept in single quotes since error was coming if table name or column names are written with double quotes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to run multiple update statements.

I need to optimize the code.

So i need to update all columns in single update statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you were able to fix it, Assuming that you wanted to update multiple columns in a single table..you could try below code and see if it works, just corrected the operators.

UPDATE

"SAP_HANA_EPM_DEMO"."sap.hana.democontent.epm.data::businessPartner"

SET

"WebAddress"='http://www.sap.com',

"CompanyName"='Google'

WHERE

PartnerRole='01;

Regards.

Av

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not work for column store

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u got any errors while trying to do that?? i think it does works for Column store.. Can you share your error screenshot here?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please don't be so cryptic. Most of the questions you posted on the forum do not provide enough information. I admire the patience from experts like Former Member and who are really trying to understand and make sense in your issue based on threadbare information.

Please provide complete information on the issue. What you are trying to do, what error are you getting, what code have you written etc. Provide screenshots to elaborate on the issue and error description. People spend lot of time and effort on this forum. Please make it worth by providing adequate information.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I am BW/BI consultant since 6 years now want to learn SAP HANA. need your guidelines

I am  bit confuse --

1> with terminology like HANA 100 HANA 300.

2> SAP BW on HANA is only available with online class ?

3> whats the Course contents for SAP BW on HANA .

I have also heard about SAP BW on HANA in clound and Virtualization.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your statement again or share the whole statement here.

Best regards,

Sandeep Bhati

Former Member
0 Kudos

update  "SAP_HANA_EPM_DEMO"."sap.hana.democontent.epm.data::businessPartner" set WebAddress='http://www.sap.com',CompanyName='Google' where PartnerRole='01'

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am running a multiple update statement and it is working fine. Can you share the error message you are receiving ?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the update statement you are trying and the error you are receiving?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu