cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to terminate SAP HANA, developer edition 1.0 Rev 72

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried to create a SAP HANA developer edition 1.0 Rev 72 instance.

However, I cannot proceed further because of an error message described in attachment file.

I think I have not configured the AWS Access Key and Secret access key correctly but I cannot fix the problem.

I cannot activate the instance. I cannot terminate it.

Moreover, I cannot deactivate the corresponding solution because there is an instance created from the solution.

If anyone knows the solution for this, please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

May i ask one question? Have you changed somehow your Amazon account - deleting security credentials ot deletion of the account in AWS?

Thanks,

Aleksandar

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandar,

No, I have not deleted any security credentials or deleted my AWS account. However, I think this has got to do with new permission management in AWS. I created a new IAM users and generated Access Keys for the user. I have also given administrator access to the user.

IAM Best Practices - AWS Identity and Access Management

I think I will create a new account to be able to get the instance for now.

Thanks,

Stevanic

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stevanic,

you should configure your IAM user roles, as described here:

Is is possible to use an IAM role instead of the root AWS account?

Yes, this is possible. As the first step please create a new group in IAM and then add the following four roles to it: AmazonEC2FullAccess, AmazonVPCFullAccess, ReadOnlyAccess and AWSAccountUsageReportAccess. Once done create a new user in this group and generate the credentials for this new user. You can now use these credentials in CAL.

Could you please let us know if you still struggling issues with CAL.

P.S. Please check in your AWS account if you have any started instance and let us know. You shouldn't have any, started from CAL.

Thanks and nice weekend.

Aleksandar

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I have created a group and an user within the group. I have given the user and the group administrator access so I think the permission is alright.

However, the problem here is related to not being able to modify the instance I created. I have attached a file containing the error message. Even if I have setup a access key and secret key, there is no option for me to edit AWS access key and secret key in my instance. I cannot terminate the instance as well. If I check my AWS account, there is no instance created.

Regards,

Stevanic

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stevanic,

SAP CAL prevents deleting / editing account when you have CAL instance, because you will loose it and it may be a leak in AWS account.

As you do not have the instance in Amazon, you may just skipp it, or if you do not want to see, please let us know.

Thanks,

Alex

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I cannot create another instance because of the error. If you can please delete my instance, it would be great.

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stevanic,

could you check now?

Thanks,

Alex

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The previous instance disappeared but when I tried to create another instance, I got the same error.

I will create an SAP HANA One instance directly in AWS for the time being.

Thank for your help Alex anyway.

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you delete the invalid account and created a new one with your current (valid) AWS security credentials? Could you please paste the error?

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It did not ask me to put in new AWS access key and secret key.

The error message is "Operation Terminate failed with message: AMAZON : AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials; AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials"

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stevanic,

how many failed instances do you see in CAL UI? I have terminated one. In order to create/edit CAL account you must ensure that you do not have any solution instances and solution activations. Could you please try to terminate all your solution instances, deactivate solutions from your current account and then try to create a new account with your new AWS credentials. Let us know if you face any other issues. If yes, plese provide us more details for your tenant ID and which instances failed.

Thanks,

Alex

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have fixed my problem.

I got two accounts assigned to the solution and one had invalid access key so I kept one account (deleted the invalid one) and updated it with valid access key. Then, I can terminate the instance, deactivate the solution and recreate another instance.

Thank you for your remarkable effort to get my problem fixed. I appreciate it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stevanic,

Amazon provides storage services to store data in form of files and folders. This easy to use mechanism allows you to store and retrieve service from Amazon server. To use any service on web, a User ID and Password is required. The AWS Access Key and Secret Key serve as ID and Password to access Amazon S3.
To start with, one should have an account in Amazon S3 , which upon activation can be accessed using the credentials mentioned above. Once you're logged in to Amazon successfully, you can perform various useful operations such as upload , download and set or revoke permissions .

AWS access key:

This is actually a username . It is alphanumeric text string that uniquely identifies the user who owns the account. No two accounts can have the same AWS Access Key.

AWS Secret key:

This key plays the role of a password . It's called secret because it is assumed to be known by the owner only that's why, when you type it in the given box, its displayed as asterisk or dots. A Password with Access Key forms a secure information set that confirms the user's identity. You are advised to keep your Secret Key in a safe place.While connecting to S3 using Bucket Explorer, you have to provide these two keys. You will be logged in automatically provided your keys are absolutely correct otherwise you will get an appropriate error message.

Regards,

Ritika Garg