Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register Agent in HANA Server

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a major Issue,I replaced IP name,hostname and also even I copied ojdbc6.jar into lib.

but still not working .Any solution to resolve this please?

Regards,

NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen, are you trying connect the data provisioning agent to HANA on HCP ? Or is this a HANA on-premise.

For HANA on HCP -> you need to use https to connect, not TCP. There's a checbox in the connection window where you can select "HANA on cloud". See my blog with more detailed instructions:

For HANA on premise -> see

In case of issues (like the error you saw), this is most likely related to firewalls between your agent and the HANA database blocking some of the communication ports. A quick test would be to logon to the HANA box at the OS level and try to telnet to the agent on the port 5050. The error you get claims that that is not possible, so your network team would need to check what is blocking that communication (your network team will trust telnet more then SDI, so better reproduce this with telnet first).

Thanks,

Ben.

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ben,

I am using HANA on HCP,

My DP server is running but I couldnt able to see below server instance.DP server.ini

Regards,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen, so from the otehr thread I uderstand that you are using HCP trial, and we have confirmed that DP Server is running.

What seems wrong is what I already wrote in my initial reply: in order to connect to HCP you need to check the "HANA on cloud" checkbox in the DP agent config tool. Your error message indicated that you are trying to use TCP, and not HTTPS. Check the screenshot in step 4:

Ben.

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply

I didnt find the role in HANA trial account cloud under security

• Application privilege: sap.hana.im.dp.admin::Administrator
  • Application privilege: sap.hana.im.dp.proxy::AgentMessaging

Rest all I Provided.

Answers (0)