cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to perform calculation (using cell reference) in the rows inserted in the middle of the table

vinothclement
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using Live Connection to create the story. Data source Type - Custom CDS based on Standard CDS View.

The requirement is to include calculated rows in-between the dynamic rows.

We have Measures in the column, Dimensions - Reporting Item and Profit Center in the row.

We are achieving the calculated rows using the direct formula by cell reference.

The issue is that we are able to insert the formulas in the cells of the rows that are included at the end of the table, but unable to do so in the rows inserted in-between the table.

Any insights would be helpful.

Regards,

Vinoth V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor

Hi vinothclement,

You should be able to add cross calculation for live models.

Blog Post : SAP Analytics Cloud – Variance Reporting using Tables & Cross Calculation

Blog Post : Creating Cross Calculations in a Table

If required you can have a mix of both as well.

Viewers/ readers - If you find above information helpful, feel free to up-vote (arrows on left side).

-Debjit

vinothclement
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Debjit,

Thank You for your response.

Are you sure that the cross calculation option is available for Live connections? I believe it is applicable only for the Acquired connection, correct me if my understanding is different.

However, I went ahead and checked where I don't see the option Cross Calculation both on the chart as well as at row/column of the Designer level.

Regards,

Vinoth V

0 Kudos

vinothclement

Cross Calculations were only available in classic model. They are not available in the new model.

Suraj

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vinothclement,

Cross calculations are supported with HANA Live and Acquired models only. You should be able to add "Calculated Mesures" to get what you need.

Thanks,

Debjit