cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Salesforce Database in Crystal Reports

codysmsta
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I just installed Crystal Reports 2020 and am trying to open a report that my supervisor uses. He saved the file in OneDrive. The file actually opens fine but when I try to print preview and authenticate with our salesforce credentials, I get the following error:

"Failed to open the connection.
Details: IM002:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified".

I have attempted some troubleshooting steps on my own by reading some other forums but have been unsuccessful. I am certain the the login information to the server is correct. Can an SAP technical support agent assist?

View Entire Topic
ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With Crystal 2020 (64-bit) the report requires a 64-bit ODBC DSN. That DSN is missing on that machine.

Perhaps you have it as a 32-bit DSN but a 64-bit app cannot use a 32-bit DSN.

codysmsta
Discoverer
0 Kudos
So, we've made progress but now I'm running into another issue. We were able to copy a registry file that included the database connector from my supervisor's machine. That was able to get us past the password part. But now, once it starts to load (at least it appears that it's getting past that) if freezes and says "not responding" and then the application crashes. It doesn't give me a crash report or anything. I installed my software on a different server, had to go through all the hoops again to load the database, same thing, the app ends up not responding and then crashes. Not sure what's going on now...
DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem with just copying registrry keys is CR doesn't support manually copying files and keys around, you must use the installer to get it done properly. Ask your user where it works how they installed the client. CR is looking for more keys or dll's etc. which is why it's hanging.

Check the PC where it's working in Programs and Features, you should see CR installed and possibly other Clients, both should be the same.

Download a tool called Process Monitor from Microsoft and compare file when logging on, you will like find a lot of keys and other dll's are missing. And check out the KBA I posted previously on debugging connnection issues.