cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Unable to logon as SAP*

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have restored a copy of our EP 6.0 production portal to a DR(Disaster recovery) site. This was from an offline backup. We are on J2EE 6.20. After restore and restarting the J2EE server, the logon page comes up fine but does not allow any logons. We activated SAP* and still cannot logon as SAP*. No error message appears. It reverts to a blank logon page. Please advise on what might be happening and what may be the fix?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you set the password during the activation? and Hope you have set the value for SAP* activation is TRUE.

Check it once again

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. But is this method valid for J2EE 6.20? I am in the config tool but cannot find the path mentioned in the help files. They all seem to be talking about J2EE 6.4. Please correct me if I am missing something. I cannot see a Global server configuration -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service in J2EE 6.2.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I activated SAP* via the ume sapum.properties file and also set a new password in the password parameter. However, this did not work. COuld you suggest another way of setting this password? I did open a message with SAP and they suggested a way to set the password and activation through the config tool. However, I do not find the editor in the config tool that they are referring to... Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

You can find config tool under

<SAP_install_dir>/<system_name>/<instance_name>/j2ee.

Once you set the password.

you need to restart the server.

The property is here:

ume.superadmin.activated >>true

ume.superadmin.password >><password>

Here you go more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

PS:Reward points