cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import Universes - server input is down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I'm running BOE XI R2 SP4 on RHEL with an oracle backend. When I attempt to import a biar file with the import wizard the folders and connections import, but the universes and objects do not. When I click on the detailed log it gives the following error:

"Committing the export object to the destination CMS failed. reason file repository server input is down"

I can see the service for the Input server is up and running with ps -ef as well as enabled which I verified with ./ccm.sh -display. I can also go into the CMC and see the server is up and enabled. I have confirmed the directory where the filestore was located (NFS share) had sufficient space and it had write permissions for our business objects user. I then figured it might be some kind of network issue or even permissions issue so I moved the input directory to a local mount within the BOE directory as well as confirmed permissions and available space on the new directory. When that failed I went into the cmc and disabled and reenabled the input server. When that failed to produce results I deleted the Input server with the ./serverconfig.sh script and created a new one. Following that I logged into the CMC and enabled the new Input server and reran my import. This final import also failed to pull over the universes stating the same error as above. I'm out of ideas ... the ccm.sh -display shows the service up and enabled as well as the running process, however the import wizard tells me it's down. I don't have any kind of windows firewall running on my client box so nothing should be blocking ports 6400-6410. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with below steps.

In CMC > Server> Input file Repository Server and Output file Repository Server bind the IP Address of the host machine.

Restart the Servers.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have an option to set the input server hostname to an IP via the cmc>servers. Possibly a version conflict? I'm reinstalling the product from scratch today - I'll report back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstallation went fine, but I'm still having the same issue with the import server. The folders and connections get moved over, but the objects and universes don't even try, they stay 0 of X on the import dialog box. When I go to import them in the designer I click on the folder and there are no universes to select.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to enter server details in the local machine host file and then you can try.

and make sure input and output servers ports are opened between server to client network.

You can check by command prompt at local machine. and type " telnet server name port number" and click enter.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm able to telnet to the cms port (6400) from the windows box where I'm running the import wizard, so it doesn't seem to be a routing issue. Where is the port for the input service specifically set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of all universes and connection in single shot, better try one single universe import from source to destination. Before that, were you able to see the universes and connections in the import wizard connecting to source? Also, what options(overwrite/rename on the target) you have selected in the import wizard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried importing a biar that contains a single universe and connection but they do not import. The wizard shows 0 of 1 universes with 0 warnings and nothing about the universe in the detailed log. I have selected overwrite object contents, universe contents, connection contents and object rights. This is a brand new instance I've installed so there isn't anything to be overwritten per say. I can see the objects listed in the folders and objects screen and I see there is a universe to be imported in the "ready to import' screen, but when I click Finish the objects say 0/15 and the Universes stay 0/1 but connections and folders actually get imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is still an issue, I'm not sure why everything else imports fine except universes and objects ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Administrator account to import objects or customized Administrator account? Also, check the Import wizard log on the server/desktop to get some traces?

Try rename option instead of universe "overwrite" option. Best luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the standard administrator account, and I already ran the import wizard with the -trace flag - it didn't offer any more insight into the issue. Just contained the same input file server error. I'll try the rename option and report back.