cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to your running AWS HANA DB? Read this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HANA Developer Community,

some of you have reported issues with connecting to your HANA DB from HANA Studio, even though you followed the steps outlines in . Well, guess what - I just ran into the same issue for the first time. We are investigating the root cause, but what helped me:

• logon to the OS of your HANA box (ssh / puTTY as described in Part 5 of the getting started document)
  • switch to user hdbadm
    su - hdbadm
  • stop and re-start the database
    stopsap
    startsap or
    ./HDB stop
    ./HDB start

After those steps, my HANA Studio was able to connect again

cheers and have fun with HANA

--Juergen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

Many thanks for your blog.

I followed the steps as mentioned by you, but still unable to connect to the HANA server through HANA studio.

Appreciate if you could assist me further.

Thanks,

Somu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have no problem to connect to a new HANA Developer instance from HANA Studio. I then created an AWI (AWS image) from the running instance and terminated the current instance. Next time, when I create a new HANA instance from AWI, am unable to connect to the instance from HANA Studio. I used PuTTY (and HDB info) to check the HANA status. It looks like all the HANA servers are running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Scott,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

Thanks for the blog.

As I follow your blog and at point 4 I struck as I could not able to give SYSTEM ID which the add system wizard is asking with out this i see the error in connection.

For images please click the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13330637#13330637

Request you to kindly provide answer.

Many Thanks,

Ravi