Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Audit reports

priyanka1905
Explorer
0 Kudos

universe-error.png

report-error.pngWe do have audit universe but I guess the DSN is missing due to which I am unable to connect to Activity universe and Audit reports. Can someone help me with the DSN deatils?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

It seems that the CMS database is in Microsoft SQL Server, try the below steps:

1. You should have the database servername, exact name of the CMS database and the credentials to connect or get those details from BO Admin or the DBA.
  2. Create an ODBC in OBDC Data Sources (32 bit or 64 bit) depending on the database, you can find videos on youtube
  3. Open the Audit Universe in UDT or Designer (whichever tool it is, depending on the BO version you have)
  4. Create a new connection pointing to the ODBC created in the previous step
  5. Open the Universe, and update it to use the new connection created in step 4
  6. Save and export/publish the Universe

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Mahboob Mohammed

priyanka1905
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob,

Thanks for the resolution. I have already tried creating DSN with CMS database credentials and also I am able to connect to the database using SQL server.

But the Activity universe is unable to connect with the same credentials even after creating the DSN. the audit reports are showing creation date of 2009 and in CMS the db creation date is of 2013. Can it be a case that BO version is upgraded and the audit reports are pointing to old version db?