cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters - In CMC / CR report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a CR report that connects to an AS400 and an Excel file. The Excel file is on a Network Drive, and I've made sure that the drive is mapped on my server that the Crystal Reports Server is on. I can sucessfully run this report on this same server in CR XI. However, when I try to Preview or Run Now from the CMC, it says "Unable to connect: Incorrect log on parameters".

I do not have a password on the Excel file, but this is where the problem seems to be. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Thanks for the tips. I need some clarification if you can help please - the username that is logged onto the server that CMC is loaded, also has rights to the server that the Excel file is on. I just created an account for the same username on the CMC, and assigned it to the Administrator group. Still getting the same error.

Do I have to do something specific for the pageserver and cacheserver? Sorry, this part of the setup confuses me.

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heather, Which CR Server version are you using? XIR2 or 2008?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Tim means is that the Pageserver and the Cacheserver (by default) run under a local system account. i.e. this is the account that starts these servers. These servers need to run under a domain account (that has access to the remote location of the Excel file).

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you use CR Server 2008 you won't find services for cache and page server. These services are integrated and controlled by the SIA (Server Intelligent Agent) service.

Start you CCM (Central Configuration Manager), Select Server Intelligent Agent, Right click and choose properties, Untick System Account and provide a user (domain) account which has sufficient rights to access your folder.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

XIR2 - if I go to About, it shows 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thats fine. Start your CCM (Central Configuration Manager) on your server, look for your Cache and Pageserver, right click and choose properties and the services and change the user account from system account to your domain account who has sufficient rights to your folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Start the CCM (Central Configuration Manager), stop the Page Server and the Cacheserver.

2. On the properties tab of the Pageserver (Cacheserver), uncheck System Account and use a domain account in the form Domain\User that has access to the remote location.

3. Start both servers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The account used to start your BOE services (Pageserver/Cacheserver) need to have acces to the network folder. By default the services are using the local system account which probably doesn't have access to the folder where you store the excel file. In addition I recommend to use the UNC path in your report.

Kind regards,

Tim