cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to compress infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am coming across an issue where when I am trying to compress a cube request, with say 5 million records, compression finishes in 6 secs (SM37 job log conforming that compression completed successfully) but when I check the E-Fact table, I don't see any records. Does anyone has any idea about this?  Here is what I have checked:

• E-Fact table has 0 primary index.
  • E-Fact table has P index

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Raj S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Check what is the value in the following field in Display Variant screen of Collapse step.

Depending on above values, the compression will be done in the cube.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish, I am compressing data by request ID so I dont have to put days in this.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to see tick mark against the request under Requests tab? You can view the job log under Collapse tab itself.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes check mark is there but ask i mentioned, it is not moving the data to E-Fact table. It is just dropping the partition and that is it

ranganath_korata
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please make sure that you are doing it right. I wouldn't expect the job of compressing 5 mil records to finish in 6 secs.

Thanks,

Ranga

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is only one way of doing compression that I know of Ranganath...and I have been using that process since past 6 years...now if you know anything different, please share with us and make all of us more knowledgeable.

ranganath_korata
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I cannot tell if it's going to address your issue, but try to compress your cube in the following three ways.

1) Infocube maintenance.

2) Program RSCOMP1.

3) Process type in a PC.

Thanks,

Ranga.

ranganath_korata
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, is it possible that all records were deleted using selective delete ? or compression was performed with zero elimination, and all records have 0 KF values? Given the volume of your data, the probability of these scenarios is low, but I'm trying not to eliminate any possibility.

Thanks,

Ranga.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a BW question that belongs in the BW space

In the future please post these types of questions in the BW space

I will move this thread.

Tammy (Moderator)