cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build the MDK app in local

former_member63502
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am trying to debug an MDK app in my local(Windows OS) using android studio. I have setup the mdk client as per documentation.

However when i run the create-client command, the build always fails with the following error

There seems to be an issue in resolving dependencies. I have not made any changes to the network/proxy settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Abhijith

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you share

• what MDK SDK version you are using?
  • if you are able to run the MDK dependencies installer?
former_member63502
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I am using 5.2.4-001 version. I ran the dependencies install exe fill and all the requisites were fulfilled. I got the succesfulll message and then proceeded to run the create-client command.

Regards,

Abhijith

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details.

Can you manually execute below commands and share what you get:

• nativescript -v
  • node -v

How did you run the create-client command? By double clicking on the file OR in command prompt?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

abhijith_sathyendran
Were you able to resolve your issue? If the below response helped you, then please mark the helpful answer by accepting it OR post an answer so others might benefit from your findings and then close this discussion.

Regards,
Jitendra (SAP Community Moderator)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member63502
Discoverer

Hi

I think the root cause was due to the setup done in my Windows for some earlier projects. I deleted the .gradle forlder from the Users directory and started a fresh build of the project. I was able to run this in the emulator.

Thanks for the help!

oliver_kaluscha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

checking your image something is strange - it is the URL of the stuff it tries to download.

When I try to reach the URL qaauto.sfdp.c.eu-de-2.cloud.sap:8081 it tells me this is an unknown host. So something should be wrong in the first place. Because I am using that setup for some time now, I guess the error is somewhere in the steps you follow.

The procedure would be the following to be buleet proof in the first place:

- Always stay inside the MDKClient_SDK Folder!

- run install.cmd command from command line and check for errors.

- make a copy of template.mdkproject folder and name it like yourproject.mdkproject and as mentioned: do not move that new folder outside the MDK Client SDK Folder, even if it would be possible.

- edit the MDKProject.json and the BrandedSettings.json. The informations needed for these files are all available in SAP Cloud.

- run the create client command inside CMD and make reference to your mdkprojekt folder

- It will create a new folder with your project. The foldername is specified by the value of AppName in MDKProject.json file.

- navigate inside the new created folder of your project and run the command: tns run android from CMD

This will start the client on any connected android device as long as it has the correct spec. Until this point Android Studio is not really necessary. By the way I have better experience debugging in VS Code instead of Android studio.