cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to add document title to document imported from server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Im using the Import file method from SOFM to retrieve a document from a server path and create an SOFM document.

However i am not able to give the document title to the document when i use this method.

I am using the import file method because i dont want to keep the file import interactive but in the background. In this way , how can i give the title to the SOFM document ? there is no import parameter to the method which allows me to pass a document title to the method !

Any suggestions/solutions for this ?

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit - I faintly remember what we had done in this case when we faced this. I think the reason you do not get the OBJNAM & OBJDES fields is because these are not maintained on your user-profile on some USR* table. Check all your USR* tables for your user-id..Since it doesn't find the title & description, it defaults with MESSAGE & No Title.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I banged my head over standard SAP code all day and have finally found out this cant be done via import file unfortunately. If i use create file, i will need all data for the file , and this can be done only via open dataset and read.

This actually gets the data but there seems to be some problem with the data and is not able to convert to the BO SOFM (it actually creates an instance but the file is corrupted.)

so i used the direct and quite unadvisable way of directly updating the document title in the SOOD table and this works perfectly

Amit