cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME standard message for password expiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to change the following standard UME messages appears when the password got expired for a user in the dual stack systems in case of SSO configured between multiple systems.

Password has expired

Password has expired and must be changed

How easy to change the above mentioned UME message to make that text changed as meaningful to avoid confusion the end user , and what is the component or application relevant for that change?

How much efforts required to maintain such change from support pack upgrade perspective.

Is that recommended to change the UME standard message for Password expiry ?

Kind regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Proceed as follows:

1. Download your logon par file (SAP standard or custom, whichever you are using)

2. Locate the umelogonbase.jar file in the private/lib folder

3. Save the jar file in a local directory

4. Create a copy of the umelogonbase.jar, let's call it zumelogonbase.jar

4. Extract the umelogonbase.jar file using winrar

5. You will find logonMessages.properties and logonMessages_xx.properties, where xx is the locale.

6. Locate the key PASSWORD_EXPIRED and modify the corresponding Message text in all these files, and save them

7. Open the zumelogonbase.jar in Winrar( Don't extract it).

8. Drag and drop all the modified files, it will as whether you want to replace. Say Yes

9. Your zumelogonbase.jar is now ready with your custom text

10. In par file replace umelogonbase.jar with zumelogonbase.jar

11. Build and deploy, and you should be Good to go.

I don't see any maintainenace issue here as the zumelogonbase.jar is within your logon par file. So long as you create your own logon par and modify that it won't get overwriiten by upgrade.

You have to document it clearly though so that any one maintaining this has understanding of what this zumelogonbase.jar is about.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

First, your response looks promising.

I have few doubts as follows, please clarify

1. Download your logon par file (SAP standard or custom, whichever you are using)

We are using the SAP standard logon par file only, and I am sure that those messages are from the backend J2EE system of NW04 release connected to the Portal system of NW2004s release as the frontend. - Please mention the exact SAP standard logon par file name which I supposed to download from the backend J2EE system of NW04 release(which does not have EP usage type deployed in it) to modify the text of key PASSWORD_EXPIRED

I have understood the rest of your steps, but do I need to rename the SAP standard logon par file name as mentioned above with 'z' added in the front of that SAP standard logon par file to avoid SP up-gradation overwriting, in this case how do I make the 'z' added logon par file name as active one instead of SAP standard logon par file ?

Please advice.

Kind regards,

Vijay

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

The messages is coming from the Portal logon Page.

Refer to Kai's blog on how to download and create a logon page in your own name space (com.companyname .xx).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3680

From the look of it it doesn't seem that you are a portal developer (No offence meant, it's no rocket science). You should be involving your developers into it and they will understand what to do.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

fyi, I am portal developer, otherwise I would not posted this message here

fyi, I have not done any customization so far with com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par file, let me try your recommendation for the first time to see how that will fulfill our expectation.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read that help link and which seems to be not relevant in this case.

Kind regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Those links are relevant for standard UME configuration, but none of them describes how to change or customize the standard warning or information type messages displayed for Password expiry for a user in connected system as the result of SSO.

Kind regards,