Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type conflict when calling a function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to update values in a table I get the following error:

<b>Type conflict when calling a function module., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE</b>

The first row in the Table gets updated, but the following rows do not get updated.

I do not quite understand the error. If anyone has seen the same and could shed some light on this, would be greatly appreciated.

NAC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are trying to update values in SAP table from your Function module.

So, check values of each row, whether it conflicts primary key or foreign key constraints.

Also, check other contraints to update those values.

Execute yor Function module in SAP R/3 with same data using same login id.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Only issues I see where there can be a type conflict are Date and BigDecimal.

I have resolved them as follows:

Date Test_Date = null;

XYZ.setamt( new BigDecimal(0.00));

XYZ.setdate( Test_Date);

Do you see anything wrong in this, which could create a type conflict.

~NAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check at backend side that amt field can allow 0.00 value and date field can allow null values.

Also check these fields are part of primary or foreign key values?

Have you tried with same values in R/3?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhavik I have tried the same values in R/3 and it does not give me any error.

My Date Input field needs Date in DD/MM/YYYY format, but the calender comes up as MM/DD/YYYY is there any change I could make to have the calender date as DD/MM/YYYY.

Thanks.

NAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAC,

If you always want the user to enter the date in dd/MM/yyyy, you can do the following.

Goto Local Dictonary -> Simple types in your project and create a type known as "InputDate" (or whatever you feel) of built-in type 'Date'.

Now specifiy its format in the 'Representation' tab as "dd/MM/yyyy" (case-senstive).

Now declare a value attribute say "inputdate" in your context with this type and bind the inputfield to this context value attribute.

This will solve your problem.

But if you want the user to input date depending on the region he belongs, change the default locale date in Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Change to English(UK) -> Customize -> Date Tab -> Sort Date Format to dd/MM/yyyy.

Now clear the cache, delete temporary files and restart the machine. This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Shubham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please test your RFC/BAPI standalone to see it there is any error. Else set an External Breakpoint in R/3 in the functional module and debug to see the problem.

Remember to login to R/3 with the same user configured against JCO.

Regards,

Shubham