cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to extend fiori app - can't get a list of available systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed the new SAP Hana Connector 2.0 following the instructions laid out in this document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/004f38ec-b5d6-3110-67b0-df30d3257...

Everything appears to connect correctly. Every entry has green lights and shows that it has connected to our system.

I would like to extend the HCM_TS_APV app, as discussed in the How-To Guide Extend a SAP Fiori app (HCM_TS_APV) from remote using the extensibility pane. (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80147884-44c6-3110-20ba-f35a32014...)

Everything works correctly, but when I click on File -> New -> Extension Project and click on the button labeled "Remote" the first thing the wizard asks me to do is select a system from a dropdown list.

The list is completely empty and no matter how long I wait it never populates itself. Every time I click the dark blue triangle to show me the list of entries, it comes up blank. The wizard is labeled "Select application from SAPUI5 ABAP Repository".

I have gone over the documentation several times and can't see where I missed a step. Clearly, there is something missing.

Strangely, when I click File -> New -> Project and go through the steps to create a new Starter Fiori App, it also prompts me to select a system, but in this dropdown list there is the entry I set up in the SAP HANA Connector process. After selecting that system it shows me all of the right catalog entries that are available in my development system.

Any advice on what I need to do to make sure this entry shows up in the dropdown list?  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good news.

I found a very helpful set of videos here:

They are created by Krishna Kishor Kammaje and it included a pair of destinations that were left out of the original instructions. The first one, named SID-ADT included a URL of http://hostname:8080/sap/bc/adt and an RDEUsage of dev_abap. The RDEUsage setting was already inluded in an existing destination, so I don't think that's the attribute that the RDE uses to include systems in its list.

well, its not the only attribute.

So now my system is showing up in the list, but I can't get it to authenticate my user. I've tried setting the "authentication" setting to "BasicAuthentication" and "NoAuthentication" on the SID-ADT destination but I keep getting the same result. When I select the SID-ADT option from the dropdown list it keeps returning the following message: "Authorization Error. Unable to access this system."

I have reviewed the system logs, developer logs and ICM logs on my gateway server but its not generating error messages there.  I have confirmed that the user ID & password are correct.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind. I got it.

The /sap/bc/adt service had not been activated so naturally it was failing to connect. Soon after I activated it (though not immediately) SAP Gateway started accepting my connections and it worked just like in the documentation.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yes the service should be activated

A good way to verify these issues is to try and reach the service directly via the browser and not via the RDE. Then you would have noticed it maybe a bit faster

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.