cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting duplicate records in Crystal Report

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm encountering an odd issue I've never seen before.

When I run my Crystal Report, every record is being duplicated.  Normally, this would seem to indicate an issue with the way data is being pulled/joined, but when I run the stored procedure, there are no duplicates.  These duplicate records only display when the report is run.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot something like this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I think I've resolved the issue.  It was indeed related to something in the data pull.  A bit surprising since the stored procedure result set didn't have duplicates, but I was using multiple data sources in the report, which probably threw things off.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

IF you're reporting against a Stored Proc, then the results of the SP as displayed in the database client is exactly the way CR displays it too.

This unless you Join the SP to other tables or Command Objects that might be duplicating.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jones,

You have a couple of options:

1. To remove duplicate records right click field - format object - check the suppress if duplicated , but this is not a correct way to apply in detail section .

2.  Try going to the Database menu and turning on "Select Distinct Records". Depending on which fields you are selecting, this may or may not work.

3.  Group on some field in the query.  Put all of your data in either a group header or footer section and suppress the details section.

See how this works..

Thanks,

DJ