cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles reloading from PSA into Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having difficulty loading MATERIAL MOVEMENTS data from the PSA into the CUBE.

My initial load failed because of some bad characters found in the data in one of the infoObjects. So here's the repetitive series of events;

1) Delete the RED request in the cube

2) Fix the bad record in the PSA

3) Attempt to reload the data from the PSA into the cube

4) Wait about 6-8 hours

5) The load fails because a NEW record is found with similar bad characters in the record.

6) Look in transaction SM37 to make sure process is complete then REPEAT PROCESS FROM STEP1

Obviously this is taking a huge amount of time! It's been a couple of days now I still haven't loaded the data. Is there a quicker way to do this? It's bizarre that all the errors are not presented to me all at the same time of the load so I can fix them all at once. I wish there was a way to simply resend the one REPAIRED record from the PSA without having to delete the entire request and reload. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrik,

why are you editing manually..?

just incase you want to handle the invalid characters using routine..

regards,

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you mean the ERROR HANDLING button that is found in the infopackage? When I attempt to click the button I get the message that the 'init request has to first be deleted'. Is this something I would have had to select BEFORE my attempt to load the cube? Is it too late to use this option without having to do a whole new INIT?

Thanks.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, that would not be the case but I guess you have opened the InfoPackage that has the init data option selected.

Try to create a new InfoPackage for the delta laod and set the error handling here. If you wish to set the error handling and redo the Init, then yes, you have to delete the Init request (menu Scheduler > Init options for Source system), make the error handling ste up and then execute the Init again.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You are right, it is the button in the infopackage. Check if the Update type is Delta or not. You should not get this message unless you have selected Update Type as init delta. You can change this settings for any delta infopackage.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all! The special character handling did the trick but it's also very nice to know about the ERROR handling button.

Thanks!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

"a way to simply resend the one REPAIRED record from the PSA without having to delete the entire request and reload. " To handle this situation you can use the error handling in the InfoPackage. We use this option with processing PSA and subsequently load to data targets.

In the error handling choose the third radio button which will make the valid data available for reporting. When you load the error records will be collected in a separate request (red) and the correct records (green request) will be loaded.

Hope this helps...

former_member188975
Active Contributor