cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble With Rich Client Webi drag and drop fields problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble with my Rich Client,   I have client tools 4.1 installed,  I start up webi rich client and add a field fields from the universe,  then i create a report,  it auto creates tables with the data in there which is nice,  but say i forgot a field so i add more columns in the universe, and generally we would just drag and drop the new fields to the existing column,  but it doesnt do anything,  nothing happens..

We are BO 4.1 on Red Hat 6.5

we are also having problems with scheduling via File System,   it works fine with email, but cant figure out how to have it saved into file system as well.

do anyone else have these issues?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel

Can you  elaborate your first Requirement.

Where Exactly you are finding this Issue Webi / Universe Level ??

Are you trying to say that whenever a new Column at universe Level the same is not reflected at Webi level automatically ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kultar,

ok,  so I will explain,   in as best way I can.   You double click Webi app,  it loads,  it asks you to log on to a server,   once you log in to the universe level,  you can select the fields you want from the universe...

then you click ok, and it auto generates a table with whatever fields you added.

now if I were to go to Data Analysis, and go back to the universe level and say select a few fields again and click ok,  the old table that was made is still there right?

so now I have new fields to be able to add on the table, and when I drag and drop these to the existing table it doesnt do anything....    no response..   in fact if i deleted the existing table and just drag and drop fields into the empty page it doesnt do anything....

as for Durgamadhab Mishra  I did configure the file system,   I'm on red hat 6.5. but i will go through that link one more time.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you configured file location from CMC? If not please follow the discussion thread below which should help

Schedule to File Location