cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with generic data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I've created a generic data sources using tx. rso2, based on the view ZTV_CONFLO, that is created based on two tables: ZTB_CONFLO and MSEG, there comes the problem. My table ZTB_CONFLO has 500 registries, and I'm using MSEG table in my view just to avoid problem with units, anyway, when I check to see the registries in the view there are muy 500 entries multiplied by the number of entries in MSEG table.

Please how can I solve this problem, it is urgent.

Best regards,

Pilar Infantas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagesh,

At first, we tried the first option mentioned but on tx rso2 the following message appears:

"You tried to generate an extract structure with the template structure ZTB_CONFLO. This operation failed, because the template structure quantity fields or currency fields, for example, field PESCA refer to a different table."

Then it suggests to create the view, adding the quantity field requiered in this case MSEG-MEINS. "How can I Put a Constant for MEINS in BW Side?" How can I do this as you suggested? I'm positve requirements let me use a constant for this value, but don't know how or where to put it. I understand it may be on transfer rules, but first I have to create data soruce. Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks for your help and quickly replies.

Best regards,

Pilar Infantas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pillar,

include that unit field in your view, and generate the data source. it will work out for u

Thanks

Thota

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pilar,

1. Create a View on table ZTB_CONFLO.

2. Select all required fields except PESCA(wht ever key figures giving problem).

3. Create a Datasource using View created in the above Step.

4. Enahnce Datasource from RSA6 by selecting DS in RSA6(Append Datasource).

5. System will propose one technical name. Accept the Name. Press Enter.Provide the Description for Structure.

6. Provide the Quntity and Unit Fields.

Fields Name ZZECSCA "Provide DataElement from MSEG for any Quantity field

ZZMEINS MEINS

7. Save and Activate the Structure.

8. Create user Exit to poopulate the Data through User Exit.

Please check forum for User exit coding Tips. Let me know if you have any Questions.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

• Assign points if it helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Nagesh for the helpful answer, I will find about User exit coding Tips.

Best regards,

Pilar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pilar,

Everything looks good. Let us know the ZTB_CONFLO fields? is there any primary and Foriegn Key Relation?

Note: you should have data in ZTB_CONFLO upto Item detail Level. Because MSEG is material Document Line Item Table. It has the detailness upto Item Level. If you provide the relation to Only Document Level, your view will contains entries <u>equal to</u> Entries in MSEG.

<i>Check Join Conditions of the View in Table/Join Conditions Tab page</i>.

Let me know if you have any Question.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

• Assign points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagesh,

Table ZTB_CONFLO doesn't have the same detail level as MSEG, the only match are MANDT and WERKS fields. Is there other way to solve this issue, or to create the view without making reference to MSEG (even though there is a field referenced to MSEG-MEINS, table ZTB_CONFLO can't be change). If I create data source using a query would I encounter the same problem?

Best regards and thanks for the quickly answer.

Pilar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pilar,

You can achive without relate to MSEG. You shouldn't use MSEG without any relation. You have 2 options...

1. Create a datasource directly based on the Table ZTB_CONFLO Table. IF you have fixed values for MEINS, Put a Constant for MEINS in BW Side. No need of View in Your Case.

2. If you want to develop Data Source using View(Some Companies follows this, i won't expect any performence variation if you do againest Table or View, because you have only one Table), You can create a view and select all the fields as per your requirement except Quantity field which is giving problem. Create a datasource on View created without Quantity field. Enhance the Datasource for Quantity field then you will get flexibility to provide the reference Table. Populate Data for Quantity and Unit through User Exit.

Let me know if you have any Questions.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

*Assign Points if it helps.