Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger BPM process from Web Dynpro application

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a simple business process with two ui activities. I am able to start the process from NWA -> Process Repository.

But, I need to start the process from the application. Here is the requirement:

User opens the application. ON completion, the BPM process for approval needs to be triggered. How do i access/obtain process?

If I need to call a particular task in process, How do i do that?

Kindly assist.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Making the service Asynchronous, resolved the issue of "Incorrect transport binding". Thank you all SDNers for your support in this solution.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At frist, nobody will start a bpm process from NWA->Process Repository only if you are doing some test cases.

1) every BPM process will embeded a WSDL as its entry point, the "operation" of this WSDL will be linked with start event of your process via a message trigger.

2) after you deployed this process in ce server, you can go to WS Navigator, and looking for you WebService(via WSDL definiton name).this webservice is gengerated by CE server automatically, if you test this webservice, then your BPM process will be triggered.

Additional, test user must have BPEM SuperAdmin Permssion, otherwise this user could not pass authorization check of CE server.

3) reference this WebService in your WebDynpro project like you call RFC.

create a mode, choose "Adaptive WebService Model"...go on....

but you have to configuration a Destination or you can use a Service Group, because CE will check authorization(ID/Password, if have BPEM SuperAdmin permission..)

once you try to call a webservice for triggering a bpm process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

You may refer to th below blogs to initiate a BPM Process from WDP screen:

/people/arafat.farooqui/blog/2009/08/13/introduction-to-sap-netweaver-bpm-part-4

/people/arafat.farooqui/blog/2010/06/23/introduction-to-sap-netweaver-bpm-part-5

/people/arafat.farooqui/blog/2010/06/23/introduction-to-sap-netweaver-bpm-part-6

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Initially there was Guest user error in WSNAVIGATOR.

Based on other forum thread, I set the guest user with BPEM user rights.

But, now the error recieved is : " Invalid transport binding settingsRead timed out ".

Is there anything more to do ? Should i alter any specific settings in SOA Configuration?

Regards,

Sharath

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another strange observation is the BPm process is being triggerred when the service is tested in WSNAVIGATOR in spite of the error "Invalid transport binding settings".

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath,

Check this posting

Anil