cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial: Authorization for object lost after each activation?

christian_geyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

A beginner's question: In my trial account I created a few tables and views, no problem. I did call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS" and could then select on them. Also no problem. What surprised me was that each time I re-activated the tables or views, I lost the SELECT authorization. I had to call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS" again. Is that intended?

I tried to work around that by creating a role with explicit SELECT authorizations for my objects and assigned that role to me. But the same thing happened: After each re-activation of an object, the authorization was lost and I had to get it back.

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks and kind regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_geyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update: A friendly colleague contacted me and let me know that yes, this is normal. It is one of the restrictions of the trial account. Authorizations for views need to be re-granted after re-activating the view.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_geyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just noticed that I was not completely accurate...

For tables, which I create in my NEO_* schema, everything is fine. I do not even need the HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS after the first activation. Looks like I have a pre-granted SELECT authorization for that schema.

However, my views cannot go into the NEO_* schema. The system tells me that all views MUST go into _SYS_BIC. And there I have the problem as I just described: Every time I re-activate the view, I need to re-grant me the authorization for it.

Same question: Is this normal or am I doing anything wrong?