Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree Table (read-only) in ABAP Restful

davidgbarbero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to implement an ABAP Restful Odata service with an entity which will be shown in a hierarchical manner (in a TreeTable type SmartTable). I have done this many times before with a regular SEGW Odata service and some annotations in the MPC_EXT class.

Is it possible to create a Tree Table from an entity created in ABAP Restful? I do not seem to find any kind of example or documentation about it.

Any input wil be much appreciated.

Thank you!

View Entire Topic
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We are working on it. See our roadmap:

UI Services | SAP Help Portal

Fiori Tree-View

Planned Release: |SAP BTP, ABAP environment 2402|

A missing part in our end-to-end Fiori story is the tree-view support. We want to deliver the first version for basic read-only support. The solution will be based on the usual HANA – CDS – RAP – Gateway – UI5 – Fiori Elements stack. Beside the regular modeling in RAP, we will make use of CDS Hierarchies to organize the hierarchy nodes.

omerulucan
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Hi Andre , we would you like to show our BAL Log Messages via Tree View oData V4 on RAP. Tree View require Hierarchy but we can't use Hierarchy because we don't have any chances to get log messages from table because there is no transparent database table for log messages. That's why we have to use custom entity to getting messages. When we use custom entity we can't use TreeView( Hierarcy ). My question is there any proper way to do that or should we expose our entity and extend ui side with Tree View ? All the best.